Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Monday- 1/17


Well this week I learned some things again.  We're only dead if we stop learning or growing, right?  I learned that Half and Half is only 1 point + for 2 TBS, where heavy cream is 3 pts+.  I really like real cream in my coffee, and I'm starving if I just put milk in (probably because there's less fat to keep me satisfied), so we'll see if Half and Half will do the trick for me :)  I also decided it's best to save my weekly points for a special splurge- makes it feel more like a treat.  Tuesday I made Chocolate Covered strawberries and at 1 pt+ a piece, they're a great treat!  Oh, and for those of you following WW- I've added the points values to the Beef Enchiladas, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Taco Soup, Breakfast Casserole, and Tater Tot Casserole :)  I try to continue to add the point values as I make them and figure the values :)


So, here's what's on the menu this week!  :)

Monday:  Meat and Pasta Bake, Salad

Tuesday:  Sauteed Chicken and Stir Fry Veggies

Wednesday:  Home Group- I don't have to cook this time!  ;)

Thursday:  Pinto Beans and Corn Bread, Fruit Smoothies

Friday:  Chili Mac, Layered Salad

Saturday:  Burgers and Dogs, and BIRTHDAY CAKE! (My chickie is turning 2!)

Sunday:  Snack Dinner

3 comments:

  1. Thought it might be helpful for you to see my menu as well. I don't have points, but I'll notate if its a WW recipe.
    Mon - beef pot roast with potatoes and carrots
    Tue - taco salad
    Wed - king ranch chicken
    Thur - chili
    Fri - fish tacos (WW)
    Sat - burgers! My chickie is turning 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a yummy week! And happy early birthday Chick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:48 PM

    Sounds yummy delish to me!! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)