It's time!!! Are you ready?????? I am!
We're going on a journey together. A journey to peace. I don't know about you, but I'm assuming there's some similarity with us, since you're here. I have grand ideas about what I would like to see happen in my life, but have a hard time implementing it. I try to do too much too quickly and then burn myself out. I'm hoping that we can keep each other accountable . I'm going to break our journey up into bite size pieces, that we can attain, and together we're going to Make our Homes Like Heaven in 2011!
If you haven't done so already, be sure to like Nailing Jello on Facebook- we'll be encouraging each other on the Facebook page for some added motivation. We've already begun on Facebook by making a list of the six most important things to do each day and then checking in to see where everyone is at on their list. It's been incredibly motivating for me, and I hope you as well. If we purpose to get just six things done each day it isn't a daunting to do list that never gets completed and it's still enough to see some real progress :)
Our primary purpose on this journey will be our homes, but I've found that the state of my home directly mirrors the state of my life. If I'm overscheduled and not able to keep up with life in general, it shows in my house. If my house is in complete disarray it shows up in my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I'm motivated to do exactly nothing. Sound familiar? So in addition to working on getting our homes in order, we have to work on the other priorities in our lives as well. If we don't work on the whole package we won't get anywhere.
So are you ready? Let's dive in! Just grab the button and add it to your blog post, and link up on our linky below :) Also, please add to your blog the following sentence:
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Ok, here's what's on tap for this week:
- Create a Household Notebook, or use your current notebook and make notes about this Christmas- things you liked, things you didn't like, what you'd like to do differently/the same next Christmas. Update any addresses that have changed on your Christmas card list. A good source for Household Notebook stuff is Donna Young, or Organized Home. I personally have my household notebook on my computer in OneNote, using principles found on both sites :) You can find an inventory list for your Christmas décor here.
- Get a fresh start on the year in your kitchen. Clean out your Fridge and Freezer, wiping all shelves etc. Inventory food that you put back into the freezer and keep the list handy so you know what's lingering in there :)
- Get a fresh start in your bedroom closet. Let's face it. We all have way too much stuff in our closets. Go into your master bedroom closet and go through your CLOTHES ONLY. (There is a LOT of other stuff in there I’m sure, but let's start with the clothes). Take all of your clothes out and as you put them back in, assess if you've worn that item in the last year. If you haven't, donate it. If you're unsure, or not ready to get rid of something, don't worry about it. While putting all of your clothes back in the closet put them ALL backwards on the rod. This way when next January comes around you can feel good about giving away any items that never got turned around during the year. :) NO GUILT!
- As you put away the Christmas items from this year, try to put them away in an organized fashion, labeling boxes. Write down on a note card or a sheet of paper what is in each box. Store the paper/note card in each box or in a separate file, whichever works best for you :) Oh- you might want to put the Thanksgiving stuff away too :)
- Look at your front door/entry way. What needs to be changed? Change what you can now, and make a list of what still needs to be purchased/done.
- Do set a time limit for each task
- Don't do more than the task prescribes- when you're turning your clothes around in your closet, for example, don't take everything else out too… We'll get to that- don't worry!
- Do post a comment on the blog, post on your own blog, take pictures, anything you can do to stay accountable.
- Don't get overwhelmed, or give up if you don't complete all of the tasks this week. Just do what you can and move forward. No guilt!
- Be sure to go to our facebook page and "like" to stay on top of the weeks challenges :)
That's it for this week! We can do it! But here are some tips: (Trust me, I'm talking to myself)
I hope you'll enjoy this week's tasks. If you have a particular task that has been looming and you just can't seem to get it done, leave it in the comments and I'll make sure it gets in the program!
This is going to be great!!!! Thank you for joining me- I know together we can do great things :)
This post is linked to Show and Tell Saturday on Be Different Act Normal :)