Sunday, February 06, 2011

Supper Sunday- Baked French Toast

Baked French Toast

Doesn’t that look good?  Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm…  No need for syrup with these!  And let me tell you, it was easy.  Oh, and you know when you make french toast for a lot of people and you end up with not enough egg mixture, or you end up standing in front of the griddle for EVER and get the french toast done and then the ones that you finished first are soggy and cold?  Yeah…… 

I decided I wanted to make some baked french toast for the family and started searching the net for recipes.  The only problem is they all called for the toast to soak overnight and it was 4pm!  I finally found this one which I adapted to better suit my family.  This is my adaptation.

Smile Enter Baked French Toast!!!!!  Smile

Baked French Toast
WW Points += 5 points per slice

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, divided
8 Eggs
1 1/3 cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2/3 sucanat (or sugar- may change points value)
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
18 slices bread

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Divide the butter between 2 10x15 pans, or one 10x15 and one 9x13.  Place pans in oven to melt butter.   While butter is melting mix sucanat and cinnamon.   In another bowl mix milk, eggs, and vanilla.  Once butter is melted take pans out of oven and use a spatula to spread butter around to make sure the pan is evenly covered.  Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture on each pan being sure to coat the butter evenly.  Soak each slice of bread well in egg mixture and place on top of sugar on pans.  When you run out of room cut remaining slices into strips to make french toast strips and fill up the remaining area on the pans. 

10x15 pan

Bake both pans in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the egg mixture sets on the toast.  The pan pictured above is done, it doesn’t really look done when you take it out.  Use a metal scraper to scrape up sugar as you remove the French toast from pan and flip over so that the sugar side is up on the plate.

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Babb's place. The french toast sounds Yummy and I've got to try this. I'm your newest follower ~ can't wait to see what you do next ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 AM

    That looks delicious!!!! I was going to make french toast this morning!!! I'm doing this instead of in the skillet! YAY!! Thanks a bunch girlie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from recipe swap sunday. I have a new linky on Tuesdays-Made From Scratch Tuesday. I'd love if you'd stop by this week and link up one of your recipes!
    jen @ messhalltobistro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Okay Semalee, your recipe was a hit this morning in the biggest way!!! I just went ahead and sliced all of mine into strips, the kids LOVED them and the hubster said, "this just may be the best french toast you've made yet!" Way easier, faster and less clean up!!! You're my Rockstar of the day!!! Thanks again, and btw...I'm totally full now. ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)