Sunday, January 16, 2011

Supper Sunday- Chocolate Covered Strawberries


I made these the other night for my husband and I and it is such an easy dessert to make. You know when you buy them in the store you'll often spend like $5 for a box of 4???? You'll never do that again after this!!!

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
WW Points+ 1 Pt per strawberry
Ingredients:
1 pint Strawberries
6 oz Baker's Chocolate squares- Semi Sweet
1 oz Baker's  Chocolate squares- White

Directions:
Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries on paper towels.  The key to the chocolate sticking is that they're dry, so don't skip this!  
Melt semi sweet chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments stirring in between each cooking cycle until the chocolate is completely melted.  
Hold the strawberries by the stem and dip in chocolate spinning around to coat all sides.  Place on waxed paper to set.   
Melt White chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments as well until melted, stirring between each cooking cycle. 
Take two spoons to drizzle the white chocolate on the strawberries that are setting on the waxed paper to give a more decorative effect.
 Chill in refrigerator until ready to eat!  :)

You can mix this up by adding finely chopped nuts, or layers of chocolate, cover pretzels, etc.  Your imagination is your only limit!

 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 AM

    First off, let me just say...I love your name!! So adorable...Second...so glad I found your blog and yes I do believe we are kindred spirits!! Third.....thanks for visiting and leaving such sweet comments. Okay...now for this yummylicious post of yours. We love doing this too!!! It is so easy but yet so elegant and yummy!! Yours are way prettier than mine btw....and my daughter loves them so much that's what she wanted for her birthday instead of a cake...I just piled them all on a platter and stuck her number thirteen candle right on top...it was so fun!!!! Yours look AMAZING...my mouth is watering right now...I need one with my morning coffee. ;) Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Oh yum!!!!! I may have to make some of those!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)