Sunday, November 07, 2010

Supper Sunday- Chicken Tortilla Soup


I adapted this recipe when I made it the other night and it is sooo good.  So, I thought I should share it with y'all.  I have to tell you, it may look like a lot of ingredients, but I had just about everything on hand, and don't let that fool you and make you think it is time consuming or difficult...  because it was very easy and took less than 45 minutes start to finish....

Chicken Tortilla Soup
WW Points+ 6pts per serving, makes 6 servings
Ingredients:
2 1/2 tsp oil (I used Safflower)
6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
6 cups chicken broth
1 TBS Ground Cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1 TBS chili Powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained 
1 cup frozen corn
2 chicken breasts cooked and broken into bite sized pieces.  (I think boiled is best)
1 cup salsa
Mozzarella cheese shredded for garnish

Directions:
Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add 1/2 of the tortilla strips and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp.  Add the remaining 1/2 tsp to pot and cook the rest of the tortilla strips.  Add the broth and seasonings to the pot.  Bring to a boil.  Add chicken, beans, and corn and heat until returns to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Boil for 2 minutes.  Add in Salsa and cook an additional 2 minutes.  Add in half of the tortilla strips and cook for an additional 2 minutes.  Serve with grated Mozzarella cheese and tortilla strips for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)