Saturday, January 08, 2011

Singing Saturday- Blessed Assurance


I love this song, and this version is great.  This particular YouTube video really speaks the meaning.  I hope you'll watch it and enjoy it today :)








Blessed Assurance-Third Day
 
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

[Refrain]:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blessed,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with his goodness, lost in his love.

(Refrain)


Interested in the history of this hymn? Check it out- very interesting :) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)