Sunday, August 08, 2010

Supper Sunday- Breakfast Casserole


This is what I make every Holy Saturday and Christmas Eve to have the next morning, or for other special occasions.  It is super easy and super yummy.  It's good to have a good breakfast.  I've always used the hash browns that come in the little rectangles...  I've not tried to see if there is a healthy version of these yet, but I'm betting you can find  something, or make your own hash browns.

Breakfast Casserole
WW Points+ 5pts per serving, makes 12 servings

Ingredients:
Hashbrowns- the rectangle ones :)
Your choice of meat:  (I often will do two) bacon, sausage, ham- brown meat before assembling :)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese- about 2 cups
Diced onions
Diced green peppers
Mushrooms
Eggs (for a 9x13 I use about 8-10 eggs)
Milk
Salt and Pepper


The evening before lay the hash browns in a well greased pan.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Sprinkle with other desired meat and veggie toppings.  Gently whip Eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper in a bowl and then pour over hash browns.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  In the morning preheat oven to 350.  Bake covered Casserole for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.

2 comments:

  1. when do you put in the green peppers, mushrooms and cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sprinkle everything over the hashbrowns and then pour the egg/milk mixture over that. Refigerate overnight.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)