Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Time Friday- Movie Reviews


I've talked about our movie nights before. It's a great way to spend time together with the family, inexpensive, and relaxing. Here's a funny story- For Christmas my husband's brother's family and my family decided for Christmas this year we were going to give a family gift. Couldn't be too expensive, just a little something. Well, when we got together to exchange gifts it was quite a surprise.

You see, I put together this movie night basket of sorts for them- movie candy, popcorn boxes, popcorn and the like...........

As they opened their gift they started to chuckle.....

They had put together for us a movie night packet- movie candy, movies and the like! LOL!! We laughed so hard! ;)

Here's another funny.... My husband and I have a joke between us.... We only watch sucky movies! LOL... It's not on purpose, we just only pick movies that suck! Our first date we saw a movie that sucked... I can't even remember the name of it, Nicole Kidmann was in it, but I can't remember the name of the movie... Anyway, a good majority of the movies we've rented have also sucked. LOL 

Do you think I could say suck one more time?  suckity suck suck suck......


Anyway, here's a tool for you so that YOU don't watch a "sucky" movie!  Focus on the Family has a Plugged in Movie Review and it gives reviews for you on the movies that are out there :)

If you want to bring movies into your homeschool, Teach With Movies appears to be a good source :)  It is $11.99 a year, but it looks like it is really good.  I haven't paid the money- so I can't say for sure, but if anyone out there has or does, please let me know ;)

Movie Sheets is a free resource that has several different worksheets for different movies you can show in your classroom :)

Or, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show....  Please, don't forget to silence your cell phones :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:57 AM

    LOL!!! You have me rolling on the floor!!! :D Here's to sucky movies!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)