Sunday, March 20, 2011

Supper Sunday-How I Cook Eggs

Ok, this may sound very strange to you, but to some of you it might not.  Scrambled eggs are a very nutritious and yummy breakfast, but if they’re not cooked properly they can really set your day in the wrong direction.  My husband says I make the best eggs he’s ever eaten, and I take that as a compliment, considering I know how well his mom cooks! 

I learned to cook eggs from my Grandma Bettie and she was absolutely the best cook I’ve ever known Smile  I really miss my Grandma Smile

Anyway, here it is:

I do not scramble my eggs before putting them in the pan.  I do it in just this order:  I place a small pan (big enough for the eggs, but as small as possible) over med-low heat.  This is the key.  I then add about a tablespoon of butter for 2-3 eggs and let it melt down.  Then I crack my eggs directly into the pan and use a rubbler spoonula (I use my Pampered Chef mix and scrape) to move the eggs around.  I stir them gently as they begin to cook to combine the whites and yellows.  I sprinkle salt and pepper over them and then I begin to scrape the edges into the middle as they harden.  I continue to do this until the eggs are still a little wet, and turn the heat off just before they look done.  They continue to cook after the heat turns off, so this is the key to not having rubbery eggs Winking smile  If I’m adding cheese I add it in about half way through cooking time.

There you have it.  Now go make some eggs for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica R9:59 AM

    I will have to try this bc the only way I don't feel like mine are dry is if I mix them with milk before putting them in the pan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too! I also add just a smidge of baking powder to my mixture. Makes them fluffy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)