Tuesday, February 01, 2011

GratiTuesday- God Bless Texas!

Ok, so this is kind of a weird thing, but I do NOT do cold.  I am the one who sits in her car in the summer and just let’s the sun bake me on a warm summer day.  I love the heat.  I’m rarely hot, but am miserable if I get cold.  This is why I’m so thankful that I live in Texas.  It’s actually supposed to get cold again today and stay cold all week, but this weekend was so gorgeous!  Highs in the 70’s and just beautiful.  I am so glad that I live in a place that we only have to deal with cold weather a few weeks out of the year.
I know, there are some of you out there saying, “Yeah, but in the summer you will be miserable and we’ll be happy”.  Nope.  I really enjoy the summer.  We have a pool in our neighborhood that we go to frequently to cool off, and my back deck gets afternoon shade, so I spend a lot of time out there even in the summer Winking smile
So, I’ll spend the next few days hibernating as much as I can, staying very close to my fireplace to stay warm, grateful that this time next week I’ll probably be back outside working on things in my yard that need to be done to get ready for Spring- which is right around the corner for us!
Oh, and I’ll watch the groundhog tomorrow…….  He better not see his shadow!  I’m ready to put all my sweaters and jackets up and leave my flip flops out! 

This post is linked to Heavenly Homemaker for GratiTuesday :)

2 comments:

  1. I live in the Texas Panhandle and posted my Gratituesday post about how I was grateful for a WARM house when it was so cold outside! I don't think I enjoy the summer as much as you seem to (I'm more of a fall lover) but these days with the highs in the single digits are too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are soul sisters regarding weather!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)