Friday, February 25, 2011

Family Time Friday- BirthVerse

I think we, as parents are often looking for another way to hide the word of God in our children’s hearts, but never feel like we do enough.  Maybe that’s just me….  Did you know that there is a BirthVerse for every day of the year?  You can use this verse to be your child’s personal motto and help them to use the word of God to shape their life.   BirthVerse came about when a man was praying to God for inspiration for a greeting card.  Another person in the same company received the same answer in prayer and thus, BirthVerse was born!  You can read the brief story here. 

I looked up the BirthVerses of some of my family members.  Here’s what I found:

Psalm 11:7 NIV
For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.

Luke 9:23 NIV
Then he said to them all: “If any would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Philippians 3:14 NIV
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

John 10:15 NIV
Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 1:22 NIV
Set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Deuteronomy 11:18 NIV
Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Is there something to these?  Well, I don’t know….. but I do see some significance in each verse I looked up.  For example, Auston’s is John 10:15 above.  “I know the Father” is part of it.  Auston is a very spiritually mature young man.  He always has been, from a VERY young age.  He has a pastoralness about him.  Interesting that this would be his birth verse….

I looked up my dad’s verse, who is not a believer, and it was:

1 Peter 2:25 NIV
For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

That gives me hope that he will, one day, return to the Lord.  So, I don’t put too much stock in the things of men, but I do believe that God uses people, and this may be an instance where He is using these people who created BirthVerse to encourage us, and to guide us, and to give us another way to hide His word in our Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)