Sunday, February 27, 2011

Supper Sunday- Cinnamon Sugar Crustos

image

I worked at Taco Maker as a teenager and I still love their food.  Unfortunately the closest store to me now is in San Antonio Sad smile  Oh well, I can have Cinnamon Sugar Crustos any time I want Winking smile  And now, you can too!

Cinnamon Sugar Crustos

Ingredients:
Flour Tortillas
Oil
Sugar
Cinnamon

Directions:
Cut the Tortillas into 1 inch wide strips.  Heat oil in a large pot until it bubbles when something is put in.  Mix Cinnamon and Sugar together.  Mix enough cinnamon into sugar that it has a light brownish color (like you make it up for cinnamon toast).  Place tortillas in oil a few strips at a time and cook until light golden brown and firm.  Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over them while still hot.

I have no idea how many points, not sure how to figure the oil from frying….  Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Semalee ~ sounds yummy and easy peasy ~ I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for the recipe. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I make baked cinnamon chips sometimes too, no oil just spritz with some water sprinkle and bake until lightly brown. Really good with a fruit salsa or ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)