Tuesday, February 22, 2011

GratiTuesday- Daughters of the King

181489_10150100216837017_742992016_6439558_3960273_n

That’s me.  Yep.  My hair is growing back Smile  SLOWLY…  Anyway, see that cross I wear?  Isn’t it pretty?  It’s not just ANY cross.  And NO, I’m sorry you can’t go out and buy one for yourself.  That cross is important.  VERY important.  It is a symbol that I belong to a religious order called the Daughters of the King.  This is not a ministry in the church that you join.  It’s not a ministry of choice and convenience.  It is an order.  Does that sound weird to you?  Good, then I want you to read on.  If you’ve been reading my blog for any period of time, or if you know me in person you now I’m not a weirdo, and I hope you know I’m not part of some weird cult LOL Winking smile  You also should know by now that my faith is VERY important to me, and I believe in sharing that faith with others.  I don’t share my faith because I think I’m better than others who do not have the same faith as I, but rather, because I want EVERYONE to experience the joy that I experience in the Lord.  Anyway, I’m not here to talk about me. 

Daughters of the King is a religious order of women who belong to a church in the Historical Episcopate, who have felt a calling by God to join the order.  These women who go through a period of training, reflection, and prayerful consideration, take life-long vows before their priest and congregation to live their lives following a Rule of Prayer  and a Rule of Service.  This is a life long commitment.  What this means, is that these women are committed to daily prayer and service for the work of the Lord.  This looks different for each Daughter and what it means to each Daughter is determined personally by the Daughter and her Lord through prayer.  You can read more about the order on their National Website.

Why do I tell you all of this?  Well, for two reasons.  The first is so that you know if you ever see a woman wearing one of these funny crosses, you know what it means, and you know that if you need prayer you can ask her and she will pray for you.  Smile

The second reason is because what I’m grateful this GratiTuesday is I had the opportunity to spend some time with over 100 other Daughters this weekend.  We had our Diocesan Spring Assembly and it was an amazing experience.  It is such a blessing to be in the presence of literally hundreds of other women who have taken the same vows I have and have the same love and zeal for the Lord.  It is an amazing experience to feel the energy that surrounds that commitment.  It is such a blessing to see how the Lord has worked in other people’s lives and such an encouragement to me as well.  So, the order of the Daughters of the King, the kindred spirit I share with my fellow Daughters, and the blessing of living my life for my King, Jesus Christ is what I am most thankful for today Smile

I hope you have a blessed day.

For His Sake,

2 comments:

  1. I think my husband's grandparents belonged to something similar to this - obviously not an order restricted to only women, though, since they were both members...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is currently undergoing training as a Junior Daughter of the King and is loving it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)