Thursday, August 26, 2010

Declutter party anyone?

  

As I spent a good 15-20 minutes searching my house up and down looking for my "One Year to an Organized Life" book, I couldn't help but chuckle out loud, because, really, the irony was just too much!  Yeah.  That's pretty much the way it goes with me most of the time.  I am how God made me.  And, those around me love me inspite of myself.  You see, the reason I misplaced the book in the first place is because August's habit and challenge was about moving...  and well that was a perfectly good excuse for me to not follow through, because, I've pretty much come to acceptance that when we move we're just going to leave EVERYTHING here and start fresh!!!  Ok, probably not, but that is a good majority of the reason why I haven't looked real hard at houses either, even though we've really grown out of this one.  I don't want to move my stuff!!!

Anyway...  September is just around the corner, so it's time to take a look at what this nice little book has on tap for me in September and see if I'm up for the challenge LOL..  Hmm... "September:  Back-to-School Busy Season"... Ya think?  Oh I think we should jump on this one...  The habit of the month is positive self-talk....  It then goes on to say "When you hear yourself saying 'What am I doing?  I can't succeed at organizing.  I'm too stupid'. Stop the tape".....  Wow.  Was she just in my living room????
Ok, so in the month of September the book has us working on positive self talk and planning on a positive change this fall, week 2 we're organizing the  kid's room, week 3 we're creating chores and considering the consequences, and week 4 we'll revisit the concepts of time and goal setting as they apply to the busy school and *gasp* holiday season.

I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can......  Who's up for a declutter party?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)