Well, it’s been another off week for me. I’ve got to get better control of my time. It was my husband’s 40th birthday last week and I didn’t walk Thursday or Friday because I wanted to spend some time with him while he was home. My problem is, if I don’t do it in the morning it doesn’t happen I also ate way too much cake and drank way too much wine on his birthday LOL… The next day I ate the majority of the remaining rice crispy base from his cake and by the evening I threw what was left AWAY!!! Clearly, I can’t stay out of it. So, I’m disappointed in myself for giving in to the sweets… And I paid for it with a very upset stomach all night Saturday night too…. WHEN will I learn???? But, I am proud of myself for ultimately throwing it out instead of continuing on my bad cycle for another day….
The good news is that when I weighed in last week I had lost all 4.6 pounds I had gained the week before and another .4 for a total loss that week of 5 pounds! Just goes to show when I’m really focused the plan DOES work..
So, here’s my plan to get back with the program this week:
- Walk a minimum of 30 miles
- Do some upper body strengthening exercise at least 2 times this week
- Check off my good health guidelines at least 5 days
- Drink at least 2 full water bottles each day
- Make sure to eat enough protein
- Continue to work on finding healthy breakfast options
Here’s my review of the breakfast foods I tried last week:
- Two Bite Breakfast- SOOO Yum! I figured them to be about 4 points a piece depending on the type of bread and cheese… I liked them so much I made them twice last week!!!
- Bacon Egg Cups—On the list to try this week
- Power Bars-- Made a version of them that didn’t include Grape Nuts, but just extra oats. These were very filling and good. I figured them at about 4 points a piece as well… Will definitely make them again, probably this week
- Blueberry Muffins—On the list for this week
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole—On the menu to try this week again- didn’t get to it last week…
Here’s the menu:
Monday: Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus (from last week)
Tuesday: Chicken Sausage on the grill, mixed veggies
Wednesday: Big kids at EYC, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, fruit for the babies
Thursday: Chili to Warm You
Friday: Macaroni and Cheese for the kids, Date night for me and the hubs
Saturday: Chicken and Dumplings
Sunday: Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole