Monday, September 05, 2011

Menu Monday- 9/5

Is it September already???  Holy cow!  When did this happen?  With September comes visions of Sugar Plums dancing in my head Winking smile  I have grave fears about my weight loss goals and the holiday season.  I love to bake and as it gets cold (which is so isn’t yet here in Houston) I tend to turn the oven on to warm me from the inside out, if you know what I mean.  So I’m already kind of thinking about some ways I can get through this season.  If you have any ideas that would be great.

I ended August with a total of 22.4 pounds lost so far Smile  I’m looking forward to the 25 pound mark!  I am really starting to feel better, and feel better about myself.  I know for most of you, this isn’t what you want to hear, but it really is the exercising that’s making the difference.  I’m not going to tell you I love exercising because I don’t.  In fact, I miss my quiet time in the mornings when I just listen to George Winston on Pandora and do my Bible Study.  Starting my walks at 6am doesn’t afford this.  So I have to find other times to do it, and that will be a challenge as well.  But, when I haven’t been out for a few days and I DO get back out there it really does feel good.  for real.  I know what I eat really matters too, what I’m saying is, that doing just the eating part doesn’t do it.  I have to do both the eating and the activity part to see losses on the scale.  I will admit that, while I am not a runner, I do want to start running and my tendonitis in my ankle is really an inconvenience right now.  Sad smileI’ll keep on trekking, though Winking smile

My goals for this week are:

  • Exercise 5 days
  • More veggies
  • Less dessert type foods
  • Work on some upper body strength

Here’s the Menu Plan:

Monday:  Chicken Salad Sandwiches (didn’t make these last week)

Tuesday:  Beef Pot Roast

Wednesday:  TV Dinners for me and the babies, Mikey and the boys will eat at church

Thursday:  Drive thru something so I don’t have to dirty up my kitchen while I work on the wedding cake

Friday:  Fish Tacos 

Saturday:  Not sure, probably pick something up after the wedding

Sunday:  BBQ Chicken, Baked Beans, Fruit Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)