Thursday, September 01, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday- Awesome God

I’m just amazed by God right now.  I’ve said a thousand times that you can’t be a Christian and be in the foster/adopt world without seeing God.  It’s just not possible.  You all know our adoption story pretty much now.  We watched God work in BIG ways through our process.  There were several other places our daughter was “supposed”to go that all fell through so she could be with us.  I truly believe that God always meant for her to be with us.  We never felt like we were babysitting, or like she belonged anywhere else.  We always felt like she belonged with us Winking smile…  And we believe that our son, Will (named for being the physical will of God in our lives, and also after my very close friend and my dad) was born at exactly the right moment to make things happen for Shea to stay with us.  He was even born early, and we do not think that was an accident SmileWe went from being told after court our daughter would be leaving us within the next 2 weeks to go live with the family CPS chose for her to FOUR DAYS LATER being told she was staying with us and we won a bonus baby in the bonus round LOL.

I would not trade one moment in the valley because we would not have see God’s work so clearly.

Now one of my best friends has gotten her foster care license.  I’m so excited for them, and scared too.  The foster care world is a cruel place.  But I mean what I said above, and that is what I hope I can convey well to my friend as well.  She’s already had a piece of the valley with 2 placements falling through..  but now she’s about to receive her first placement.  And it’s a doozy!  THREE at one time!  This will be the ride of their life, but if they watch for it, I know they’ll see God.  In fact, I’m pretty sure they’ve already seen just a touch of what HE can do Winking smile

I have another friend who has had a foster child for about a year now.  They recently went into court in a very similar situation to ours.  They went in knowing CPS was not going to recommend their foster daughter stay with them.  They asked all of their friends and family to pray a similar prayer to what we asked for- God’s will, and that if the people in the court room tried to direct this child in a place other than where God wanted her, that God would intervene.  He did.  He showed up BIG.  And they are now beginning the adoption process!

If you feel a tug in your heart to foster, consider it.  Know that it will not be an easy ride.  Maybe even still after the adoption.  You may end up with a child with a difficulty like SPD, or something like I did.  I can’t promise you much, but I can promise you it will be exciting.  And, I also know that if you look for God, no matter what the circumstances, you’ll see Him.  It doesn’t always turn out the way we want, but it turns out the way He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)