Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Monday- 9/19

Last week when I weighed in I got a “talking to” by the scale.  You see, one of the main reasons I don’t make many cakes anymore is because it is very bad for my waistline.  And, evidently a wedding cake is VERY bad.  4.6 pounds in one week bad.  And start a downward spiral bad.  I’ve already lost some of it, but to be real honest, it’s been very difficult to get back on the bandwagon this week.  I’m hoping some good grocery shopping and planning will do the trick. 

I also didn’t walk as much last week, which I did get back into the swing of this week.  And, honestly, it felt good to complete that 10 mile walk on Friday!  Because of my tendonitis I haven’t done a 10 miler in a while.  But, it’s feeling better, and so was I Smile

My goals for this week are:

  • Stay in my points range
  • More veggies
  • More water
  • Less sugar
  • Check off the good health guidelines at least 4/7 days Smile

I also want to do some healthier breakfasts around here, so I’ll be trying some new ones out.  I don’t have the desire to cook every morning….  Or even most mornings…  but it is better to start the day with a healthy breakfast, so I’m going to give it a try Winking smile

Here’s the menu:

Monday:  Taco Soup, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

Tuesday:  TV Dinners for the kids, Date night for me and hubs

Wednesday:  Tater Tot Casserole 

Thursday:  Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

Friday:  Lasagna Cups, Artichoke Bread, Birthday Cake, Ice Cream

Saturday:  Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus

Sunday:  Snack Dinner

Breakfasts to try:

1 comment:

  1. You will love the crockpot breakfast casserole. It's great to wake up to an already cooked meal and will set you up for a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)