Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GratiTuesday- Gregory is Elected SPL

My older boys are both in Boy Scouts.  Last night they had troop elections, which are held every 6 months.  My oldest, Auston has been ASPL (Assistant Senior Patrol Leader) for the past 6 months and has been working hard to be elected to SPL (Senior Patrol Leader).  Everyone thought he was going to be the next SPL.  He was really excited to be SPL while we’re at Summer Camp.  So, imagine our surprise last night when my younger son, Gregory was elected SPL last night and Auston is ASPL again……  Gregory’s only been to summer camp one time, he’s 2 1/2 years younger than Auston, and has only been in boy scouts a little over a year.  We’re guessing what happened is everyone thought that Auston had it in the bag, so they voted for Gregory because they wanted him to be one of the ASPLs….  Well, this will be an interesting summer and Gregory has a very large responsibility now to step up to the plate for.  It will be interesting to see how the older brother does being under the younger brother.  It will be interesting to see how Gregory leads the troop as one of the youngest scouts in charge of many older scouts.  It will be interesting for sure.

But what I’m thankful for this GratiTuesday is I just want to put out there that I am soooooo very proud of Auston.  He was really looking forward to being SPL, he’s been working on his speech for weeks (Greg wasn’t even going to run), and I know he is disappointed.  But- he has been very mature about it and even told Gregory on the way home last night that he things he’s going to do a really good job as SPL and he’s excited to work with him!…..  That took some major maturity and I am very proud of how he has handled himself.

1 comment:

  1. Molly8:33 AM

    You have the best boys! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)