Tuesday, April 05, 2011

GratiTuesday- Free Days at the Zoo

Our local zoo offers free admission on the first Tuesday of the month after 2pm.  I’ve wanted to take the kids for a while, and so, we’re going today!  I’m pretty excited, because this will be the first time to the zoo for my little ones Smile  I think they’ll really like it!  If it goes well we’re going to work on getting a membership so we can go more regularly. 

As I get ready for this I am so thankful that we homeschool and I’m able to take advantage of things like this.  There are so many opportunities available to homeschoolers in our area, and I’m very very thankful to live in such a homeschool friendly area.

I’m also extremely grateful for the ability to spend this time with my children.  The other day we were at a friend’s house and my youngest was squatting down to pick flowers for me and I had a brief flash back of my 11 year old doing the same thing in a picture I have of him.  I was reminded of how quickly they grow up.  I was moved to tears as I watched my baby pick flowers, because I know he won’t be little for long.  I’m so glad I get to spend this time with them.  Do I miss out on “me” stuff?  YEP.  Would I trade it for anything????  NOPE!  These days will only be here for a short time.  There will be plenty of “me” time when they’re gone.  Smile

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I feel the same way! The girls and I went to see a movie during school hours today, and I was thanking God for the freedom to homeschool and the abundance of time He has given me with them. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's been a great "run" that I feel is coming to the finish line for me. You are getting to start the race all over again! It's kind of cool for you to get a "second chance" and learn from your mistakes and re-do the good things.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)