Friday, September 10, 2010

Time


  






How much time to do you get with your spouse?  What do you do to make sure you get enough time together?  What is enough time?  How do you know it's enough time?

I'm very curious about what other couples do.  Especially couples with small children.  When our kids are older it is a lot easier to carve out time.  When our older boys were little we just "hunkered down" so to speak, and really only got out together as a couple a couple of times a year.  We survived, but barely.  In hindsight, I'm not sure that was a wise choice.  Especially once Grego came along, because we were often exhausted and took it out on each other a lot.  We had a lot of fights and only a little intimacy back then.  Looking back, I'm surprised our marriage survived.  Honestly!  But, we didn't have family near  by that we could count on to babysit and we didn't have a good network of friends that we could call on to babysit (or most of them had small children too and were just as exhausted as we were).  Now we're on round two around here and we started to fall back into the same rut.  The same mentality.  "Just push through, we can make it"...  But why?  What are we doing????  We have friends, Really Really Good Friends, that we can trust, and count on to help us get through these few difficult months/years when we're too exhausted to make rational decisions.  And maybe, just maybe, if we can get some time away every once in a while, we can begin to think rationally again.  :)  Yep.  It's true.  There really is a light at the end of that tunnel.

So, I really am curious about this and how other families manage.  As you know, I write another blog, and I think this is a great topic for a post on that blog, but I'd like some input from others to share ideas with everyone.  Thanks for your input, I really look forward to reading your ideas ;)

1 comment:

  1. My fb status for today is the beautiful words that I cruise in 59 days. Mike and I have never been away alone for that long not even before we had kids. I really have no idea how wonderful it will be.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)