Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Monday- 10/10

Well, being sick last week really put me behind on life, which is why I never updated the blog this past week Sad smile  Sorry about that!  I’ll try to do better this week, but my husband is taking some much needed time off, so if I don’t update, you know why Winking smile  A girl’s gotta have her priorities!

Anyway, I thought for sure I was going to show a gain when I weighed in last week, but ended up with a loss of 1.6 pounds!  WOOHOO!!!  I’ve done TERRIBLE at journaling this week, but I’ve tried to watch what I eat and make sure to get in those veggies and I think I’ll show a loss again….  Good to be going in the right direction again!  Smile

So, I’m going to start posting my progress towards my goal for 2011…  I’m not sure if I’ll make it at this point, but I’m still going to give it a go Winking smile  I’ve now lost 26.4 of my goal of 52 pounds.  That means I still need to lose 25.6 pounds to hit this goal.  To make it by the end of the year, I need to average 2.14 pounds a week over the next 12 weeks.  I realize this is not a realistic goal, but I still want to keep myself accountable to my original goal even if I don’t attain it.

I’m also going to change up some of my exercise…  I’m looking at TTAP- has anyone done this???  Please tell me what you think if you have!  I’m going to continue to walk, but I think I’m going to have to up my mileage on the days I walk because it’s getting too difficult to walk every day with my boys’ schedules.  And, I’m looking at walking for C.O.P.S. (Concerns of Police Survivors) in March, 25 miles in 2 days in Arizona.  I’ll let you know when I have more info.  This is an organization I have seen first hand (unfortunately) as they minister to those in Law Enforcement who have lost loved ones.  Their worth is immeasurable among the LE community and I’m proud to support them.  I hope I never personally need them, but if I do I know they’ll take good care of me.  So be watching for details on that Winking smile

Ok, so here are my goals for this week:

  • JOURNAL!!!!  REALLY!!!!
  • Walk at least 3 times
  • Decide on additional workout regimen
  • Maintain the water and veggie intake

I told you of some recipes I was going to try last week, and I only got a chance to try Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole.  My family wasn’t really impressed with this, which was a total bummer because it smelled SO good Sad smile

This week I’m going to make up some Breakfast Tacos for breakfast and probably try the Bacon Egg Cups…  Probably make up some more Crustless Pumpkin Pie too Winking smile

Here’s what’s on the dinner menu:

Monday:  Boy Scout Court of Honor- we’ll eat there

TuesdayChili to Warm You (Yes, still haven’t made this LOL)

Wednesday:  Making dinner for our church Youth Group…  Beef Enchiladas and Mexican Rice

Thursday:  Date night for Michael and I, probably pizza for the kids

Friday:  Biscuits and Gravy…  Yum…..  Bad points, but yum Winking smile

Saturday:  My baby boy turns 15!!!  OMG! I’m not old enough to have a 15 year old!!!!!  I have no idea what we’ll eat, it will be his choice Winking smile

Sunday:  Tilapia and Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)