Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Monday- 6/27

 

Ok, so this past week I knew I was backsliding, and I was concerned about my weigh in last week.  Well, here’s the part where I tell you it was BAD.  I weighed in last week with a gain of 3.4 pounds.  I debated on whether or not to tell you.  But, I really want this to be a help to others too….  Maybe you’ve had some issues lately like this and you’ve not wanted to face the music with a number on the scale you thought you wouldn’t be seeing again.  Maybe you’re getting a point where you feel like giving up.  I want to encourage you that there is no obstacle that can stop you if you don’t let it.  I think for me, I needed to see that number to decide that I need to pull my head out of my pants and get with the program again.  No more excuses.  So, last week I set some goals, and I’d like to revisit them now:

  • Stay within my points range Done- with 9 points remaining at the end of the week!
  • Walk at least 5 miles and do one other form of exercise also I walked a total of 18.25 miles last week and 2 days I did 50 “wall push ups”, which I intend to bring to the floor eventually Smile
  • Eat veggies every day Done Smile
  • Lose at least 1 pound I believe this is done too, weigh in in the morning Smile

So, last week was a good week Smile  Now, here are my goals for this week:

  • Walk at least 20 miles over the course of the week.
  • Stay within my points range, and reserve at least 10 of my weekly points.
  • Eat all 5 servings of fruit and veggies every day

The next week I’ll be at summer camp with my older boys, so I won’t be able to weigh in, so my goals at camp are:

  • Eat fruits and veggies every day
  • Walk up cardiac hill at least 3 times
  • Hike the Bonahan Trail (11 Miles) – maybe- I have to drive the next day, so I’m going to play it by ear on this one
  • Over the next 2 weeks lose at least 3 pounds

My menu for this week:

Monday:  Grilled Chicken, Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese, veggies

Tuesday: Tacos

Wednesday:  Mexican Beans and Rice

Thursday:  Tater Tot Casserole

Friday:  Burgers

Saturday:  Taco Soup

Sunday:  Mikey’s on duty- poor guy!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica Rabon7:08 AM

    I got this quote from a runners blog and I really like it-- It can be applied to so many areas in life and I use it with the kids- but when I'm not running I use it on myself-
    I want results not reasons-
    it doesnt matter why I didnt run that day or last 5 or whatever it is, just get out there and do it again
    Thought I'd share :) Good luck on your goals for the week
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)