Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday-Continuing the Adoption Story

People often tell us how great they think we are for adopting our kids….  And that statement is usually followed by something like “I couldn’t do that”….  I would disagree….  You see, our adoption story isn’t ours…  It’s God’s….  I began telling the story on Tuesday, go back and read that if you haven’t yet….

So, we completed our training and after a long process were licensed for Foster Care….  Now came the waiting.  By this time I was pretty anxious to get a baby…  It’s hard to look at a bunch of baby stuff with no baby.  I was excited for the plans God had for us and eager to get going Winking smile

I have a friend who is often prophetic.  I tease her (in fun) because she tends toward the more “Spritual” type churches- where they pray in tongues and other things like that that that doesn’t happen often in my home church.  Her friendship has been such a blessing to me over the last 12 years.  She called me one day and asked if I’d heard anything from the foster agency.  I told her no, not yet, and she was surprised by my response.  She told me to stay by the phone because she was pretty sure I was getting a baby soon….. I said ok, and waited.  Winking smile

The next day the foster agency called.  They asked if I would be willing to do some respite care.  Respite care, if you’re unfamiliar, is when a foster family cares for a child that is placed with another family.  This can be for 2 days- 2 weeks.  This family had a 5 month baby girl and had a busy weekend planned, and needed somewhere for her to go for the weekend.  I said yes immediately and then called Michael to let him know LOL.  Next I called my friend…

She asked me how long we were going to have her, – for the weekend I said…..  She said really?  I don’t think so- I think you’re going to have her longer than that…..  Ok, I said……

She asked me what she looked like…- I told her I didn’t know…  She asked me what race she was…..  I told her all I knew as she was 5 months old and a girl LOL…..  She told me she thought she was going to be African American with Chubby Cheeks……

She asked me what her name was…… I don’t know that either…..LOL…  I sure didn’t ask the agency any questions! I was just too excited!  LOL  She said she thought her name would begin with the “SH” sound……..

When I met the foster mom and picked up the baby……  Her name was Shea……

100_2428

To be Continued Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)