Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday- 12 Things Update


I've been working on my 12 Months 12 New Things for a couple of months now, and I'm ashamed to admit I have my first failure :(

 
For November I was to make Homemade Wheat Bread. I'll admit I let the month get away from me and on November 30th I purposed to get this done....  Well, I don't know WHAT I did, but my bread never really rose.  It was like bricks :(  I'm going to keep trying and I figure if I can't get good bread, then I'll use the bread bricks to make a small play house for the kids ;)  I think if it keeps turning out like my bread did this week they'll have a VERY sturdy house!  ;)
 
So, for December I am to make homemade gingerbread for our Gingerbread Houses.  I think I may need to make a batch to try out before embarking on the houses, so I'm hoping to try to make some next week.  Anyone have a good recipe they want to share??????  ;)  Wish me luck! 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 AM

    I wasn't even able to attempt my goal for the month :(

    Are you using all whole wheat flour? Do you add gluten? I think if you use all whole wheat it needs a lot of gluten. I usually only replace half the flour in a recipe with whole wheat if I'm not adding something else to it too. But I haven't made my own bread in so long... I really don't remember all I used to do, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I used the recipe off of http://www.heavenlyhomemaker.com and it didn't call for gluten.... I honestly don't know if it is the recipe or me..... I also used my Kitchen Aid to knead instead of kneading by hand... I don't know if that makes a difference...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the gingerbread. Sorry - no help with the recipes here!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)