Sunday, December 05, 2010

Supper Sunday- Mostaccioli Hot Dish


When I was first married I did not know how to cook.  I had two dishes in my repertoire- tacos and spaghetti.  I started selling Avon and had this older lady who was a regular customer.  Every time I walked in her house it always smelled so good because she was always making something for dinner.  Finally one day I asked her for some help because if it didn't come out of a box I couldn't make it.  This was one of the recipes she gave me. 
Mostaccioli Hot Dish

If you're wondering what Mostaccioli is, it is a tubular pasta similar to Penne, but narrower.  If you can't find mostaccioli, you can use penne.  I like the mostaccioli better, but both work. 

  Ingredients:
1 lb box Mostaccioli Pasta
1 lb Ground Italian Sausage
1 lb Ground Beef
2 cans Hunts Sausage Spaghetti Sauce (I imagine you could use any spaghetti sauce you have or like)
4 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare pasta as directed.  Brown beef and sausage and drain of excess grease. In a large bowl combine pasta, meat mixture, hunts sauce, and half of mozzarella cheese.  Mix well.  Turn into a 9x13 casserole or other large shallow pan.  Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Uncover, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or just until cheese melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)