Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thoughful Thursday- Approaching the New Year


I think it's only natural at this time of year to begin looking over your life and seeing what changes need to be made.  I think I have a lot of changes that need to be made.  I've begun thinking about my "Goals" or "New Year's Resolutions".  I actually take a bit of time every December to think about them, and take them very seriously.  I make the same resolutions that everyone else makes and don't keep- loose weight, be financially secure, save the poor-...  but I try to go deeper into my life and really think about what I could improve.  This year I was thinking it would be good to look over last year's goals before setting new ones.  So- here's my run down from last year:

Finances:
  • No more than 10 NSF fees over the course of the year. I know I should have none, but there are times when I screw up and I want to have an attainable goal. :) FYI if anyone is confused on why this isn't that big of a deal to me is my bank will charge me if our our available balance goes below $500 whether or not all those items actually go through my bank or not. So it's not like I'm a bad check writer or anything! LOL... I'd like to have some extra funds in there so I don't have these hit my account at all!- Not achieved, but we switched banks, so now we're on our way ;)
  • Emergency Fund set up- Not Achieved :(
  • Pay off at least 1 credit card. I'd really like to aim for at least 2 :) Paid off one :)
Children:
  • Be more patient with my kids. I know, sounds familiar, and it will be on my list next year too, but I just feel like there is always room for improvement where my kids are concerned, and I want the best for them :)- In progress, and will be in progress :)
  • Stay better on top of the boys schooling. Seriously considering TXVA next year, just thinking it would be better to have someone else for them to be accountable with my having 2 babies to chase :)- Decided not to do TXVA, but we're doing great this year surprisingly LOL  ;)
  • Get Shea potty trained, or on the way anyway :)- She was, then she got sick, and now we're back at it...
  • Play games more often with the kids, maybe reinstate family game night- This needs to be on the list again...
  • Go to summer camp with the boys
  • Pray for my children more
Marriage:
  • Get off the computer when my husband is home and just really enjoy him.- Most the time I'm good at this... but not all the time- still room for improvement
  • Take my husband lunch as often as possible on Thursdays- Now on Saturdays
  • To not to look so much like a desperate housewife when the husband comes home :)- Some days are better than others....  LOL
  • Pray for my husband more
Friends and Family:
  • Stay in touch better, and send out birthday cards!- FAIL :(  Again....
  • Do something unexpected for a friend at least 5 times this year
  • Give back some of what was given to me in the form of meals, emotional support etc during our time of transition when Will came home :)
Health and Fitness:
  • Do some form of exercise at least 2 times a week- Well....  I'll try again in 2011 LOL
  • Get serious about the Diabetic diet-  I don't like this diet :(
  • Remember to take my meds-  I hate meds...
Home Management:
  • Plan menus regularly and do less fend for yourself nights
  • Stay on top of the cleaning Flylady style- I'm planning something for the blog- not Flylady, but we're gonna Make our Homes Like Heaven in 2011!  :)  You like it?  I just came up with it LOL...
  • Do a deep clean out and give away a lot of stuff to make room in our house for all the people who live here LOL I'm gonna call this done, but it needs to be done again...
  • Redo the back deck
  • Plant flowers in the gardens and stay on top of the lawns this year- I stayed on top of the lawns, but the flowers didn't happen...
  • Have the Facia boards replaced- UGH still on the list
  • Get a set of patio furniture so we can eat on the deck more often
Spirituality:
  • Continue to stay on track with my Bible Study doing my homework daily
  • Increase my prayer life through more time spent praying and more deep prayers
  • Share my excitement with others when I see God doing extraordinary things around me
Wow!  All in all I did alright this year!  That was a surprise!  :)  I do really like that I sectioned out my goals last year, and I think I'll do that again this year.  I'd love to hear everyone else's goals for 2011, so be sure to leave me a comment when you blog yours, and I'll set up a linky in two weeks when I post mine and you can we can link up all of our goals and help each other stay accountable.  :)

Also- did you notice the teaser?  In January I'm going to start a new series on this blog- "Make Our Homes Like Heaven in 2011"...  I hope you'll join me on that adventure :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I should do this too. Perhaps I will or not, guess we'll just see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by your new challenge -- and you know I'll jump on board!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)