Tuesday, October 05, 2010

GratiTuesday- Family Vacations


This week has been such a great week. We've traveled somewhere in the area of 2,000 miles in my Father-In-Law's RV, and seen many different landscapes. We've been surprised by the low gas mileage and some of the high prices of gas along the way. We've worried about money, worried about the RV, worried about the kids not drinking enough water. We've laughed, we've cried, we've screamed. We've made memories. Memories with our kids. Memories with each other. I was able to finally take my husband and kids to see the Grand Canyon, which I have seen several times, but they have never seen. I was able to show them the Glen Canyon Dam, one of my favorite stops as a kid while we were driving to Phoenix to visit my grandparents. I was able to see my mother's best friend Tevis, whom I haven't seen since the Olympics in 2002, and she got to see the family. Now we're visiting with some childhood friends of mine. Through it all, we've seen some amazing things.. But nothing as amazing as what is inside this RV. Watching my kids and husband experience these things for the first time, and experiencing them together is beyond words. We're not staying in 5 star hotels. We're not eating Steak. We're living off of corn dogs and burritos. I'm sure there are some Ramen Noodles in here somewhere too LOL... But here it is:

We may be traveling poor, but the memories we're making with our kids are worth every penny.

Today I'm grateful for family vacations :)  Even with the baby screaming his head off in the back seat because he's sick of being in the car seat :)


  

2 comments:

  1. What great memories you're making for your family! I hope you'll post some pictures!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I felt taking the family to Europe last spring. They were finally getting to see the things I'd seen several times growing up, and we were making family memories together. It was the best trip ever!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)