Friday, October 15, 2010

Family Time Friday- 14 years ago....

14 years ago my oldest and first child was born.  It was a day filled with expectation, and excitement, and also fear.  My husband I were newly married, still trying to get to know each other (still are!  LOL) and we were now charged with taking care of a helpless child.


Since that day, he has grown into a wonderful young man.  I never imagined how he would change and how he would grow and mature at this age.  I never imagined it would go so fast!  It seems like just yesterday he was this tiny baby.  Before I knew it he was sitting up.  Then I blinked and he was walking.  The day I took him to Mother's Day Out for the first time I cried all day.  When I picked him up he said his first sentence; "I wanna hold my lunch box, mama"...  I about fell out!  I'll never forget it.  The first day of Kindergarten I cried again.  A few short years later we decided to homeschool  I was scared to death AGAIN!  But, now we're in the swing of that and I'm so glad to not have to send him somewhere else every day.  I'm so happy to have the privilege of spending time with him.  A lot of time.  Time that I'll never get back.  He'll never be 2 again.  He'll never be 10 again.  He'll never be 14 again.  And soon...  too soon he'll be moving out and going off to college, getting married, having his own life.  I know I'll always be part of his life, but it will never be the same again as it is today.  And, while I dread the day he moves out, I am excited at the same time.  I'm excited to see him grow into a man.  I'm excited about where he is now in his walk with the Lord, and I know he is going to do great things in his life.  I can't wait to see it.

So today, I want to say thank you, Auston, for being who you are:

Loyal, compassionate, loving, forgiving, believing, trusting, honest, fun loving, sweet, smart, determined, grounded in your values, a jokester, my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)