Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tidy Up Tuesday

Well, last week’s post about a weekly routine definitely helped me.  I didn’t get to everything, and I’m sure it will need some tweaking in the next couple of weeks, but I definitely felt less overwhelmed.  As a result, I was able to accomplish some other tasks…  Remember last year when we did “Making Our Homes Like Heaven in 2011”, and we went to our master closet and turned all of our hangers around?  Well, My husband and I went through our closet this week and donated 2 bags of clothing that was still turned around backwards (meaning we hadn’t worn it).  We kept a couple of items, but donated most of it.  Smile  It felt good to purge a little, and I cleaned up the closet while I was at it.  It had become a dumping ground during Christmas, so it was kind of a mess.  Once my daughter’s birthday passes it will be all clean again.  (That’s where we hide the majority of the presents).

In addition to continuing with my weekly schedule and figuring out what needs to be tweaked this week, my task for the week is going to be to clean out the garage.  It’s also a big mess from the Christmas stuff (some put away, some not, and other miscellaneous items just thrown out there.  Honestly I wonder on a regular basis how it gets so bad so fast…..

And, I’m going to be looking for some Valentines decorations.  I used to decorate for every holiday and the last couple of years I just haven’t been able to do it because I was so busy with everything.  I really want to get back to decorating again.  I am setting a goal of getting the decorations for Valentines out sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)