Sunday, November 21, 2010

Supper Sunday- Frog Eye Salad


As promised, here is my Grandma's Frog Eye Salad recipe. This dish brings up so many wonderful memories for me. I hope you enjoy it :)

Frog Eye Salad

Ingredients:
1 Cup Sugar
2 TBS flour
1  3/4 cup pineapple juice (I use what's left from the cans of pineapple and it's almost always the right amount)
2 eggs beaten
1 TBS lemon juice

3 quarts water
1 TBS oil
16 oz Acini De Pepe Pasta
3 cans mandarin oranges
2 20 oz  cans pineapple tidbits
1 (8 oz) and 1 (16 oz) tub of whipped cream
1 cup mini marshamallows
1 cup coconut (optional)

Directions:
Boil acini de pepe in 3 quarts of water and 1 TBS oil.  Drain and cool.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a LARGE bowl.  Add cooled pasta, then fold in remaining ingredients by hand being careful not to over stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)