Tuesday, November 23, 2010

GratiTuesday- Health


My Pastor gave a very good sermon on Sunday, and the "after sermon" as it is lovingly termed by parishioners, (the extra stuff he says during announcements LOL)was even better. He spoke briefly about Thanksgiving and why it's important to come to church on Thursday. I'm embarrassed to admit I've never gone to the Thanksgiving service. I'm always busy cooking. This year I think I might. He reminded us that as we go about our normal lives, when we have very little happening that is earth shaking we sometimes forget that we still have things to be thankful for- especially our health. There are so many people who are ill, or nearing the end of their lives, and if you are healthy you should be thanking God for that.

So true! How often do we get down on our knees when we're desperate, or in need of something... How often we praise in Thanksgiving to our God when we're happy with the end result of something.... But the ordinary, day to day life? Well, we're just too busy to thank God for that, or we just plain forget!

I have several friends who are suffering physically, and emotionally. I have many friends suffering from cancer, some nearing the ends of their lives. My healthy body is not lost on me, but I definitely could say thank you to our God more than I do.

So today I am so grateful for my health, and the health of my immediate family. We are very very blessed.

Oh- and did I mention? Fr. D promised a "3 minute sermon"... Yeah... we'll see LOL



This post is linked to Heavenly Homemaker for GratiTuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)