Well, it’s that time of year again! Time to get back to the books I’m now in my second year of High School with Auston and Grego is doing 7/8th grade. Time is flying! I can’t believe after this year Auston has only 2 years left! We’ve come a long way since our first year of homeschooling (he was in 4th grade)….
I know I’m always curious about what others are using for curriculum, so I will share with you what we are using. I’d like to point out to those who do not home school, or are new to it that we home schoolers are often on a different track than public school, so don’t send me a message if your child is in 10th grade and taking different subjects. It’s all good. Really. I mean it. I’m on it like white on rice. I know the requirements for graduation. I’ve done my research. I promise.
Ok, so I’ve done a lot of perusing of a few websites about high school, I’m really focusing on scholarship information at this point, so if you have any info on that, I’d love it if you’d share!
Some webpages I’m finding particularly useful at this time:
The last one is a great resource for planning out courses
Ok, Some people feel better going with one particular curriculum company, but we use a few together. Here is what we’re planning on using this year:
Auston (10th grade)
- Worldviews of the Western World (Eng Comp 1 Credit, Ancient Lit 1/4 Credit, Philosophy 1 Credit, Western Civilizations, 1/4, Humanities, 1/4, World History 1/4)
- Teaching Textbooks Geometry (Math 1 Credit)
- Apologia Biology (Science 1 Credit)
- One Year Novel (Creative Writing 1 Credit)
- College Board SAT Prep
- Bob Jones Elements of Literature (Literature 1 Credit)
- Rosetta Stone Spanish, Level 1(Spanish 1 Credit)
- CBS Bible Study (Bible 1 Credit)
- Bob Jones US History
- Sports Day (PE 1/2 Credit)
Gregory (7/8th Grade)
I think that’s about it…. I may add or take away depending on how they handle this load. Oh, and I’ve signed them both up to participate in an online class for their sciences, and they’ll be attending outside classes for Worldview, Texas History, and Bible Study.