Sunday, August 28, 2011

Supper Sunday- Coffee Creamers

I love me some cream in my coffee…  But I don’t love the junk that’s in the flavored creamers, and often they’re too sweet for me anyway.  Well, I was super excited when I found some recipes for homemade creamers!  I adapted a couple a little to better fit into my WW lifestyle and the recipes are below.  I haven’t tried the other recipes on that page yet, but I plan to.  Super easy, and good Smile

Cinnamon Strudel Creamer
Svg Size:  2 TBS= 2 Points+ WW

Ingredients:
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Half and Half
4 TBS Real Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract

Directions:
Whisk together milk, half and half, syrup, and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan.  Cook over medium heat just until mixture begins to steam, and then remove from heat.  Stir in extracts.  If desired pour through a sieve to eliminate cinnamon particles (I don’t mind them so I skipped this step)  Allow mixture to cool and store in a glass container in refrigerator. 

Pumpkin Spice Creamer
Svg Size: 2 TBS=2 Points+ WW

Ingredients:
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Half and Half
3 TBS Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
4 TBS Real Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Whisk together milk, half and half, syrup, and pumpkin puree in a medium sauce pan.  Cook over medium heat just until mixture begins to steam, and then remove from heat.  Stir in extract.  If desired pour through a sieve to eliminate cinnamon particles (I don’t mind them so I skipped this step) Allow mixture to cool and store in a glass container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)