Tuesday, August 09, 2011

GratiTuesday- Christian Camp

As I write this, my oldest has been at Camp Eagle for almost 2 weeks.  He comes home on Saturday and I can hardly wait.  I’ve missed him so much.  I’ve missed knowing what’s going on in his life.  I’ve missed hearing his voice.  I’ve missed just seeing his smile.  And, I’ve had a taste of what’s to come- the part where I have to let him fly.  He’s going into 10th grade this year and I have only a limited amount of intense time with him left before he goes off and changes the world on his own.  And I truly believe he’s going to change the world somehow.  But then, do all parents believe that about all of their children?  Winking smile

Camp Eagle is a Christian camp, and I’m am so thankful that while he’s away from me I know he’s being refined and defined by God.  I can’t wait to hear about all the work God has done in his life.  I’m absolutely giddy at the thought.  I can’t wait to hold him in my arms and take in his face again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)