Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Monday- 8/22

Saw another loss at the scale last week!  .8 pounds this week.  It feels good to be consistently loosing.  This week, however, my activity has dropped off a little.  My walking buddy was injured, so couldn’t walk this week.  I definitely don’t walk as far, or as fast without her :/  But, I still got out and walked every day, so I call that an accomplishment.  Smile  Back in the day I would’ve just say oh well and slept in, stayed in my jammies all day Smile with tongue out  DON’T THINK I DIDN’T WANT TO!!!!!!

My home group is studying the book Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food.  It’s a great book.  It’s written for women, but the guys are reading it too Winking smile  AND, I just found her book Craving God: A 21-Day Devotional Challengein the kindle store for FREE right now!   I’m sure this is a limited time, so hurry over there and grab it!    So, one nugget I got from the video on the book at home group was she talked about many people saying “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”….  I’ve said it to myself for sure to get away from food, and it’s helped me on occasion.  Well, she changed it up a bit and said, how about “Nothing tastes as good as PEACE feels”…. 

Whoa.

That is definitely something to chew on.  She also talked about the fact that Desperation leads to defeat, and how that affects our eating.  When we don’t plan for events, like needing snacks while out, or planning our meals we end up so hungry that we don’t care how bad it is, we’re just going to eat it.  This is why meal planning is so important.  She suggested planning out your whole day in the morning.  I think I’ll try a little of this this week, but I’m not sure how it will work for me, because I like to be kind of flexible during the day.  I already know what I’m having for dinner, so at least that is in my mind during the day.  We’ll see.

There’s my nuggets for this week Winking smile  Here are my goals:

  • Plan my days more consistently
  • Get a “go bag” for when I will be out and have snacks pre packaged to take with me
  • Exercise every day M-F, with some running involved
  • Complete the Duck Run (probably a duck walk for me) on Saturday
  • Try one new recipe

Here’s the menu:

Monday:  Smothered  Chicken and Fried Eggplant

Tuesday: Chicken Dinner in the Happy Pot 

Wednesday:  Breakfast for dinner

Thursday: Chicken and Rice, Baked Apples

Friday: Burgers and Fries

Saturday: Tacos

Sunday: Snack Dinner

 

1 comment:

  1. Great post Semalee!!! And congrats on that weight loss! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)