Sunday, July 25, 2010

Supper Sunday-Stuffed Burgers



I'm looking for a good recipe for Hoppin' John.  I had one and I seem to have lost it, so if have one, please share!  Thanks!  In the meantime,  here's a favorite of ours when we're camping, but good all the time:

Stuffed Burgers
Ingredients:
Ground Beef (enough to make two patties per person)
BBQ Rub, or other seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic salt

Cheese
Petite Dice Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Olives
Onions finely diced
Peppers finely diced
Hashbrowns
Bacon
Any other filling of your liking!

Directions:
Form the ground beef (mixed with seasonings if you want) into 2 patties per person.  Make the patties extra thin and extra large so they can go around the fillings.
I usually let each person assemble their own burger so they put what they want in it :)

Take one patty and place fillings of your choice in center, leaving room around the edges for sealing.  Place the other patty on top and seal the edges.

Wrap burger in foil and cook on grill for about 20 minutes or until browned.  Or if you're camping, throw it on the fire for about 10-15 minutes :)

I don't usually serve these with buns, because there's enough in them to not need a bun too, but you can if you want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)