Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gratituesday

I have several friends in my life who I consider to be super moms.  Moms that I watch and get inspired to be better myself for knowing them.  My husband makes fun of me because I watch Kate Plus Eight, and 19 Kids and Counting and shows like that.  He thinks it's because I want that many kids.  But really, what it is about is I watch those moms and say to myself- that woman has 8-10-20 however many kids and look, she's surviving!!!  I only have FOUR!  So surely I can do what I need to do, right?

I also have several online friends that I have met through various ways- email groups, business adventures, etc that I draw off of and try to take tidbits of their lives into my own to make myself a better person.  One friend has been a great source of strength and encouragement in our foster journey, and she now writes a blog.  I met her on an email group, and we've never met in person, but I feel like I know her just the same :)  Another super mom I met on the same email group, and she makes Martha Stewart look lazy, I swear!  She also writes a blog now, and I'm sure you'll see some of her recipes here. 

I have some favorite blog writers too that inspire me, one of my favorites being Heavenly Homemakers.

Then I have "real life" people who inspire me.  You know the type- the friends that help you to see the best in yourself.  The ones that you can be real with.  Trishia, and Gwenn are my inner core, and I have friends that have been my friends my whole life like Jeremy, and Michelle.  It's great to have friends that you can let into the inner core of your being.  That you don't have to get dressed up for.  That you don't have to clean up the house for.  That you can count on to give you good advice and have the guts to tell you what you don't want to hear sometimes.  Everyone should have friends like this.

Beyond all of this, I am the most thankful for my husband.  He inspires me everyday.  When I see myself through his eyes it makes me smile.  He is there for all the good times and he's still there when it's bad.  He knows me inside out and loves me anyway.  I am so thankful for that.  He is an amazing father to our children, and ladies, I don't have to tell you not all men will welcome children into their hearts that aren't their biological children, but my husband has done that and more with our babies.  He is a very special man.  :)

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)