Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday- Getting Serious

It’s been a rough couple of weeks for me.  Heck, it’s been a rough couple of months!

One thing I’ve learned to be true, though I don’t want to admit it and I don’t like it, is, I HAVE to exercise to lose weight.  Period.  I will not lose weight if I don’t.  The thing about that is, I really don’t have extra time.  I was doing so well this Spring and Summer because I had the time.  I was walking 30 miles a week, 5 miles M-Th and 10 on Friday.  That equated to about 1 1/2 hours M-Th and 3 hours on Friday.  I enjoyed it.  I really did.  But then, school started back up again, the babies therapy schedules increased, and I found that I didn’t have time to do it.  (Even though I was walking from 6-7:30 am.)  Before I knew it weeks had passed with no walking.  Then months…  Then the weight started to come back on….  EVEN THOUGH I WAS WATCHING WHAT I WAS EATING….  Yes, I’ve been going over my points allowance, but that’s part of the problem.  I can’t seem to stay in my range, I NEED THE EXTRA ACTIVITY POINTS.

So, one of my goals for this year was to participate in at least 3 public events (5K’s etc).  I am signed up for one this weekend, I’ll be walking it, pushing a stroller with TWO babies..  That ought to earn me something, right?  LOL  Winking smile

In addition, I want to RUN a 5K this year…  Now, I am NOT a runner.  I can walk and walk and walk…  But I have NO endurance for running…  But I’m going to give it a real go.  I’ve started a training program called 3 Weeks to a 30 Minute Running Habit.  I’m on day 3.  It is an interval training program, days 1 and 2 started with 1 minute of running/1 minute of walking 10 times.  Today is a rest day and it increases tomorrow.  The first day I wasn’t sure I was going to make it through all the cycles…  Yesterday was much easier and I almost think I’ll be able to make the 2 minute runs tomorrow LOL  Winking smile  I figure if I can make it through this program I’ll move to a 5K training program, and I am planning on running a 5K in May…..  I’m hoping this will kick start my weight loss too…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)