Sunday, February 26, 2012

Menu Monday- 2/27

Final week of February, and as I prepared my budget for March I increased the grocery budget.  My husband and I also decided to do the grocery shopping together, because he’s real strict about staying on list.  I’m excited to have him come with me, and hopefully we’ll find some ways to cut our grocery spending together Smile  Plus- he’ll know what groceries we have, so if I don’t wanna cook…….  well…….  Winking smile  He’s usually good about pinch hitting for me when I’m not up to it…  This will just make it easier on him Smile

Something does have to give, though, because we ended the month $200 over our grocery budget.  This area of our budget has been real difficult to tame.  This and gas money….  That’s out of control too Sad smile  I can think of a LOT of other things I’d rather spend these large amounts of money on!!!  And I certainly would rather have my husband home more, rather than having to work so many hours just to keep us a float!!!!  Obviously, I write to you from a feeling of discouragement right now…..

Anywho- here’s the menu for the week:

Monday:  Court of Honor for Boy Scouts, I’m making Fruit Salad, Boys to make Pancakes for the babies for supper Winking smile

Tuesday:  Date Night- I’m going to make some picnic foods for Mikey and I to have a picnic since we’re out of date night money for the month Winking smile  I’ll leave some for the kids too Smile…  Brisket, Potato Salad, Corn Bread Muffins, any left over fruit salad will be good I think Smile

Wednesday:  Soup and Bread at the Church for our Lenten Series.  I’m making a Baked Potato Soup

Thursday:  Chicken and Sauteed Potatoes

Friday:  Pizza and a Movie Night Winking smile

Saturday:  Trying some recipes out of my new WW Cookbook, “Best Darn Food Ever”: Super Refreshing Limeade, Boston Baked Beans with Spicy Mustard, Fresh Corn and Chive Spoon Bread, and Fried Fish

Sunday:  Turkey (yes the same one I’ve been saying I’m going to cook for weeks), Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

Also, last week, Ashley asked for the Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms recipe…  It’s not mine, and they were pretty good…  Hope you enjoy them as well Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)