Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday- Just keep going…

Last week at my weigh in I surpassed the 30 pounds lost mark.  It’s been a long journey to get there and at other times in my life I might have given up before getting there.  Ironically the topic at the meeting that week was “Motivation to Keep Going”…  This actually tied in well to where my thoughts were that day.  I was so excited to hit 30 pounds, but I was also remembering my last milestone of 25 pounds.  I was really excited then too, but quickly fell off the excitement and “took a break”.  I didn’t stop going to my meetings.  I am proud of that.  And I didn’t stop weighing in, even though, for the most part it wasn’t totally pretty.

You see, when I rejoined Weight Watchers this time I decided that no matter what quitting was not an option.  There are many mantras that keep people going, and this is one that I use.  I know that I know that I know that the minute I decide to skip my weigh in this week, or take a couple of weeks off from meetings I will be out of control with my eating.  I know this about myself. 

So, just after my 25 pound mark I saw the holiday season staring at me.  I didn’t want to feel like I wasn’t able to enjoy the season.  And, right or wrong, the holiday season is a lot about food with me.  There are certain traditions like gingerbread houses and Christmas Cookies that I really wanted to do and I didn’t want to worry about it.  So, I decided that I would try to watch what I ate when I wasn’t doing something like that, or attending a party, and made the decision to try to maintain over the holidays. I don’t regret that decision, because it kept me in my meetings and kept me from really going over the edge.  The only regret I have is that it took me so long to get back on track.  The business of the holidays spilled over into the New Year and it took me until about a month or two ago to finally start going in the down direction on the scale consistently.  I really held on to the commitment I made to myself when I joined, though, and quitting was not an option.  The reality is I know the plan works, it’s just a matter of me deciding to stay focused and on track.

So, as I got my 5 pound star and reveled in being 30 pounds lighter than I was when I walked in the door to WW, I decided that this time I will continue to stay focused, and keep the momentum going over the summer.  And, I gave myself a pat on the back for seeing it through…. 

Here’s to running my first 5K this weekend, and here’s to seeing the reality of healthier living and goals achieved…  Next stop---- 40 pounds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)