Friday, June 30, 2006

Convention Bound!

Well, I did it! I bought my convention tickets and plane tickets for Convention in Salt Lake City! Believe it or not, there is a funny story with this!

Michael was not on board with me going. Originally we planned to make it a family vacation and drive out and hit the Grand Canyon "on the way". But, with gas prices where they are and the fact that we spent almost $500 on gas going to his Granny's funeral a couple of months ago, this just became less and less of a reality. I really didn't want to go to Utah AGAIN without them. But, the simple fact of the matter is, we can't afford it. So I started to wrap my brain around flying out alone and going to Convention. Well, Michael was still not really on board with this, because it is still quite an expense. Our team had a training a couple of nights ago about less than supportive spouses. So, I made Michael listen while one of my teammates whose husband is a police officer talked. After he got off the phone I asked him what he thought. He said he should be more supportive of me. So I led right into Convention. I actually didn't plan it this way, it just happened :) Anyway, after a rather heated discussion he agreed to me going. (I better deliver in my business, though!) So after he went to work I decided I better hurry up and buy my plane ticket before he or I changed my mind. When I got the itinerary I sent it out to my mom and dad and trin and Jer and Mel. Mom writes back that she is confused about this ticket from SLC to Houston... ARGGGG@!!!! I need to fly FROM Houston TO SLC!! So I call Continental and the not so helpful person on the other end told me that if I had put my onepass number in while making the reservation I could change it in 24hrs with no fees, but since I didn't he was charging me $100!! Oh man, Michael is going to kill me!! So, I reluctantly let him change my ticket. Well, this just doesn't sit right with me. So, I call customer service and explain to them what happened. After talking to two different people I get the $100 refunded. Turns out this is a benefit of being a OnePass Member, and it makes no difference if I put it in WHEN I made the reservation. What a moron. Anyway they get that taken care of. So, next I call to schedule my tour of the facilities in Idaho Falls. Well, the only tour they have available the days I am there is the one that leaves at 10am Tuesday Morning. I am arriving at 10:06! There is also space available on Monday's tour, but I was supposed to leave to come home Monday morning. So, I get back on Continental.com and cancel my ticket AGAIN and rebook it arriving in SLC Wed and coming home Tuesday. PHEW! What an exhausting process! BUT, I am going to Convention, so look out! I am on the move now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)