Saturday, September 10, 2005

Jello Doesn't nail

Welcome to the official first entry to this blog! You know I have known many people who have had blogs and I always enjoyed reading them and thought maybe some day I would have a blog. Well, today I decided to jump the fence. Maybe I should tell you a little about my title. I was talking to one of my closest friends the other day after having a particularly bad day, the conversation went a little like this:
"Hello?"
"Have you ever had one of those 3 month periods where the world is against you? I am not talking about a day, a week, or even a month... This whole damn season is against me!"
She laughed, probably because she was glad it was my turn and not hers.
So, as I was creating this blog I thought about the old saying, "cleaning house while the children are around is like trying to nail jello to a tree".. There is also "cleaning house while the children are around is like brushing your teeth in the middle of an oreo cookie!".. I actually like the oreo one better, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to be the name of the blog. So, Jello Doesn't nail. Welcome to life. So what do you do with all of this jello that is never going to nail to that tree?... Well, being from Utah I would have to say you make green jello salad!! Ok, if you have never been to Utah and have never had Green Jello Salad let me just offer this suggestion: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! The fact is I have had this stuff placed in front of me about 150 times too many and the very thought of it makes me want to puke! So here we are, back at the question of what to do with this jello... Do you see how my life is going? LOL!

No but seriously... I have many many things to be thankful for. It just doesn't make nearly as good of a read! I plan to update this blog regularly... By regularly I mean every couple of days, more often at times, and less often at times, depending on how the mood strikes me! I will change the names of people to protect their identity when I talk about them, so don't go looking to figure out who my long lost cousin Tabitha is.. She doesn't exist...

Now, let me give you a little teaser about what I will talk about next time, as my fingers are getting tired, and I want to save some of my juicy stuff for later...

Back when I was in high school I had a group of friends that well... let's just say we would make a good Jerry Springer episode! I will be back in town visiting with them this coming weekend.... Should be very interesting!

Have a great day!
Semalee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)