Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday- Next Challenge

 

Ok, I did the Impact a Hero 5K over the weekend, and it was pretty hot again, so I had to walk a little, so my time wasn’t that good.  I’m disappointed, but trying to be real with myself about the fact that it is hot and it’s much more important to run a safe race.  I’ll keep training to work on personal bests this fall.  I’m still on track with my “one organized race a month” goal I set for myself, IAH was my June race.

Because it is getting so hot, for July I’m going to do something different, I’m going to only do a Virtual Race.  Normally I don’t count these for my goal, but it’s just so hot, I need to get out there earlier than the races are scheduled for.  So, since I’m only doing a Virtual Race I’m going to do the Hot Mama Virtual Half Marathon!  You can do it as a relay if you want, or break it into a couple of legs, but I’m going to do it all in one day.  I don’t know how much of it I am going to run, I think I’ll do a little running and probably a lot of walking.  You can sign up for free, or the medal division for $11.  The last day to register is June 8th, though, so if you are interested, you better get signed up!

I need to really work on my distance, and my cardio vascular endurance, so I’m starting a new training program that should help with that.  It’s the Training Program in The Beginning Runner’s Handbook:

 

Because I’ve been running for a while, I’m going to start at week 6.  I like, thought that is has me running longer periods of time.  I need to get up to a regular 5 miles I think, and I want to run a half marathon…..

On the WW front, I showed a gain last week, and it looks like I’ll show another one this week.  It is incredibly frustrating, but my body IS changing, and, thankfully, I can see the difference.  It’s funny, I started running to lose weight, and now I am kind of running because it makes me feel so good, regardless of what my weight is….  WEIRD LOL

Anyway, I still go to my meetings and I’m still tracking and working the program, I’m just trying not to get discouraged.  My body is going to fluctuate, and I need to work with it, not against it.  One thing is for sure, if I stop going to the meetings I’ll be in the kitchen with a crazed look on my face and a pan of brownies I refuse to share with anyone, including, but not limited to threatening bodily harm to anyone who comes near me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)