Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait!

So we're on this foster journey, right. You have read the stories and know that this is definitely God's Plan for us. I know that. You know when you know that you know that you know??? Well, I do. However, I am still starting to freak out a bit! We had our interviews on Monday and it went well, and we got our homestudy scheduled for the 9th. While interviewing our caseworker was trying to get a feel for the types of children we would accept and showing us children that she thought would fit well into our family. There was a sibling group with a little girl and a little boy that were just sooooo precious. I swear if we were approved I would have jumped at them. But the reality of this is really happening and we could potentially have another child or *gasp* children in our home within the next month or two is..... well...... overwhelming. I guess in a way I've had almost 9 months to prepare, but it's different than being pregnant, ya know? LOL!! I am having some twinges of sadness for the way our family is right now because it is all about to change in a big way. Our family is so peaceful (most of the time) and change is scary. But, I also know that I know that I know that this is God's plan and I also know that I know that I know that when we let Him be in charge we are NEVER sorry. So, it's a huge lesson in trust. I think that is the big thing He is working on with me right now. I like to be in control and it's hard for me to let go...... Especially about something this big!!!!

So, we have a million and a half things to do by next Monday and no money to do them with, so please pray for us!

Oh and I have to tell yet another cool God story.... As we were driving home from our interviews I was going over my list in my head.... things we have to buy, do etc .... Well, one thing on the list was baby bed of some sort, other furniture and misc items.... Well, when I got home there was an email in my inbox from another of God's angels saying that she is getting rid of all of her baby furniture and wants to DONATE it to us!!!! How cool is that???? This is going to be an adventure- and I'm so glad for the people who are chosing to take it with us in one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)