Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Recap

Ill be honest.... I've stared at this blank page for a while.  It's hard for me to recap 2016 because, a lot of it is a swirl of emotion.  Very erratic emotion.  I started as I usually do, reading over last year's recap and over my thoughts on how 2016 would go....

And, in some ways, I feel like we've all lived a lifetime in this year.

The year started off with the news that my cousin, my first best friend had passed away unexpectedly.  About 8 years ago (and several times in between) my cousin asked my husband and I to take the kids if ever anything happened to her.  So, my immediate thoughts went to the kids.  It has been an amazing blessing to be able to have them with us.  It is a difficult thing, walking this grief journey together, but one I consider a great blessing and honor.

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and text

Image may contain: 2 people

We spent the first part of the year really circling in together to put our family together and focus on each other.  Interesting that the word God gave me for this year was Focus, wasn't it?????

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling

Michael took the girls to the Father Daughter Dance,
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

The Middles enjoyed our warmer weather and we had many a dinner at the park
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoor and indoor

We visited Newman's Castle...
Image may contain: 4 people, outdoor

And we went to Lake Whitney to spend some time together as a family unplugged..
Image may contain: one or more people and tree

In the spring we had Family Pictures taken
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, outdoor

Visited Granny...
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling

And Auston and Sarah were married on May 7th....  a wedding that we put together in 10 days!   
Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Tavish and Gina came for a visit in May, and it meant the world to the kids for them to come...
Image may contain: 5 people, indoor

On May 19th Gregory Graduated from High School!
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

Knowing Grego was headed to Baylor, naturally we had to take a Bear Picture with the Joneses' when they came for Grego's graduation...
Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, indoor

When Auston got married I gained a Daughter In Law, and I am so happy with her, because I love Sarah to pieces.  She is a perfect fit for Auston, and I'm blessed to have a friend in her as well :)
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Nick  became an Acolyte at church...
Image may contain: 1 person, standing

On July 27th, by the power invested in Judge Newhouse by the State of Texas, we legally became a forever family.....
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing

In August we went to Jellystone Park with Trin, Damon and Domi..
Image may contain: one or more people, cloud, sky, grass, tree, outdoor and nature

Gregory and Kelton headed out to Baylor, but first we took them to IFly to do some Indoor Skydiving...
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

School Started once again, I taught Preschool, and 3,4,5th grade art...
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, shoes, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, tree, plant, grass, outdoor and nature

This Fall the kids participated in a 30 hour famine, and raised money for impoverished countries...
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing

And we kicked off the holiday season by riding the Polar Express...
Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

As you can see, we did a lot of really fun things.  We've grown together as a family, and we're headed for new heights.  I look back over these pictures and I see the fun we've had together.  I see the love we share.  I also see the pain.  It's been incredibly difficult to go on with out Bug.  We miss her every single day.  We do our best each day to march forward, but never forget.  I'm hopeful that as we move past the year mark we can look a little farther forward.  I pray that in 2017 we find more that unites us and less that divides us.  I pray for peace among my family and friends.  I pray that the 9 of us become ever closer.  I pray that Greg does well at Baylor, and is able to fly, but doesn't forget where he comes from.  I pray that Auston and Sarah continue to nurture their marriage and build their life foundation.  I pray that as they step out further they are drawn closer to each other and are a light and an example to the people around them.  Most importantly, I hope we can all see that as difficult as this year has been, and that the future holds mysteries for us all, we can press in to God.  He has sustained us this far, and will continue to do so, we only need to let Him.

If I've neglected you this year, know that it was because I was where I was needed most.  This season of life has been one of circling in.  That isn't changing much too soon.  But, eventually, we'll be able to spread out a little more.

To those who have continued to pursue us, especially when we haven't answered promptly, thank you.  Your love and prayers and support mean so much to us.  None of us will ever forget how you all rallied around us in January and held us up when we couldn't stand on our own.

Love, Semalee

1 comment:

  1. Semalee, thank you for sharing your life moments. What a year this has been. You have such a beautiful family and we wish you all the best in the new year. Blessings and Love, Estella and Raymond

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)