Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010.... A blank page..... What to write?

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” - Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Here we are... the last day of 2009... I've done my reflecting on all that has happened this year and now it is time to look forward and put forth some resolutions for 2010. I looked over my resolutions from last year and I think I accomplished about 50% of them... Not too bad, but not great either.... So, on to 2010!!!

Finances:
  • No more than 10 NSF fees over the course of the year. I know I should have none, but there are times when I screw up and I want to have an attainable goal. :) FYI if anyone is confused on why this isn't that big of a deal to me is my bank will charge me if our our available balance goes below $500 whether or not all those items actually go through my bank or not. So it's not like I'm a bad check writer or anything! LOL... I'd like to have some extra funds in there so I don't have these hit my account at all!
  • Emergency Fund set up
  • Pay off at least 1 credit card. I'd really like to aim for at least 2 :)
Children:
  • Be more patient with my kids. I know, sounds familiar, and it will be on my list next year too, but I just feel like there is always room for improvement where my kids are concerned, and I want the best for them :)
  • Stay better on top of the boys schooling. Seriously considering TXVA next year, just thinking it would be better to have someone else for them to be accountable with my having 2 babies to chase :)
  • Get Shea potty trained, or on the way anyway :)
  • Play games more often with the kids, maybe reinstate family game night
  • Go to summer camp with the boys
  • Pray for my children more
Marriage:
  • Get off the computer when my husband is home and just really enjoy him.
  • Take my husband lunch as often as possible on Thursdays
  • To not to look so much like a desperate housewife when the husband comes home :)
  • Pray for my husband more
Friends and Family:
  • Stay in touch better, and send out birthday cards!
  • Do something unexpected for a friend at least 5 times this year
  • Give back some of what was given to me in the form of meals, emotional support etc during our time of transition when Will came home :)
Health and Fitness:
  • Do some form of exercise at least 2 times a week
  • Get serious about the Diabetic diet
  • Remember to take my meds
Home Management:
  • Plan menus regularly and do less fend for yourself nights
  • Stay on top of the cleaning Flylady style
  • Do a deep clean out and give away a lot of stuff to make room in our house for all the people who live here LOL
  • Redo the back deck
  • Plant flowers in the gardens and stay on top of the lawns this year
  • Have the Facia boards replaced
  • Get a set of patio furniture so we can eat on the deck more often
Spirituality:
  • Continue to stay on track with my Bible Study doing my homework daily
  • Increase my prayer life through more time spent praying and more deep prayers
  • Share my excitement with others when I see God doing extraordinary things around me
Well, that probably pretty much covers it! Here's to a great year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)