Thursday, May 25, 2006

What a wonderful life!

We had a wonderful time and were treated like Royalty for the majority of the cruise (except the day we came back which I will get to)..

We left Sunday and when we got on the boat a short while later had to do a drill where we put on our life jackets and when to our Muster Station. That was fun! Then we left Galveston and we were off! My father in Law and his wife pretty much did their thing and we did ours and we met up regularly, so that actually worked out great. The show the night before we got into Key West was so awesome! It was by a group that does all of the music with their mouths.. They were so awesome! Here is their website (the are called Mosaic)

We got into Key west at 3pm on Tuesday and Mikey and I went Parasailing (one of the pictures I wanted to send in). I was terrified before we did it! So much so that I was literally trembling! But once up in the air, I was SOOO glad I did it!! It was so beautiful! Then we went shopping a little bit and headed back to the ship. Michael’s dad was not allowed off the boat because he was too drunk! His fault! The next day we were at sea again and Mikey and I climbed the rock wall on the top of the ship. That was pretty cool!
Thursday we went to Georgetown, Grand Cayman and we went out to Stingray City. Stingray City is a sand bar in the middle of the ocean (literally you can’t see land from where you are) and you get out of your catamaran or whatever you got out there on and you are standing in waist deep water that is so clear you can see all the way to the bottom of the ocean. It was so beautiful! The stingrays swim right up to you and I have a picture of me holding one!!
Friday we were in Cozumel. Cozumel was hit really hard by Hurricane Wilma last year and the island was literally devastated. It was rough to see. Our pier has actually only been used for 3 weeks now and it is only repaired enough to use it, but by no means is it repaired. The whole island looks like a bomb went off. We went to Adventure Park and we went rock wall climbing, rappelling and did like an above ground obstacle course. It was fun. Not what I expected, but fun anyway. Then we went snorkeling and that was really cool too!

About 4 hours out of Cozumel we had a medical emergency on board and had to turn around and go back! Michael and I were asleep because we are whimps and still went to bed real early LOL! Our stateroom was directly above the gang plank and we heard them messing with it, but just assumed they were being loud for no reason LOL! The next day we found out they were getting the lady out and she was med evaced to Mexico. So, because we were now almost 10 hours behind we were going full speed ahead all day and that caused Mikey to get sea sick our last day at sea. So, he spent a good portion of it in bed and I spent a good portion of it making a donation at the Bingo game and then in the Casino…. When we got into port we were supposed to get in at 7 a.m. and that would put us off the ship at around 10, but we didn’t even get into Galveston until 10:30 and didn’t get off the ship until after 1… Funny thing… They didn’t think it was necessary to feed us lunch! I was kind of irritated! But, I do have to say in all fairness we were treated great the rest of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)