Sunday, September 06, 2015

Through the Tunnel I Come

Have you noticed I dropped off the face of the earth a while back and just really haven't returned?  Yeah.  About that.  This blog is almost always on my mind.  I miss it so much.  It is something I've treasured for many years, and I don't even know or care how many people read it.  It's a place for me to put down my thoughts, and for those who do care to read them.

But, life has thrown me some very large curve balls in the last few years.  I've felt like I'm in this huge tunnel and just can't find the opening to get out a lot of the time.  I've definitely struggled off and on with depression.  I've spent time with God trying to right myself, and slowly I'm starting to see the light.

Going forward, I hope to more regularly update this blog.  I think it may be a little different, as my focus of my passions have shifted a little.  I'm still very passionate about my family, and my husband is a police officer, so that passion has shifted a little to include supporting our men and women in Blue who need so badly to be supported right now.  I'm, of course, completely and totally in love with my savior, and passionate about sharing His love with others.  That has only increased.  I'm passionate about adoption, and will share more on that now that we're several years post adoption.  That has taken a lot of my energy, and I want to share with you the struggles and the joys of adopting children from trauma.  It's been a hard road, but it's been an amazing road as well. 

So, today I'll keep it short, but I will ask for some prayer.  Law Enforcement is under attack, we've had 9 officers killed nationwide in the last 2 weeks, and as I was writing this I heard of another attack (no details yet).  Deputy Darren Goforth was killed less than a mile from my church on August 28th, and I've really not slept any significant amount of time since.  I ask for your prayers for peace.  I'm struggling with this for many reasons, it's by no means only fear that is keeping me up, but deep despair and lamenting for my community and our country.  I'll share more on this in coming weeks, I'm sure.

One thing I've missed the most, is sharing worship songs that speak to me, so here's one for you to meditate on today:

My God
Desperation Band


Beautiful is for the Broken
All the earth is for the meek
Living water for the thirsty
Strength and power for the weak

This is My God
Holy and pure
Sovereign and sure
Only My God
Bled for my soul
Now I surrender All

Comfort is for all the hurting
And the Kingdom for the poor
And mercy for the ones who show it
The pure in heart will see him more..

This is My God
Holy and pure
Sovereign and sure
Only My God
Bled for my soul
Now I surrender All

I surrender
I surrender all
Oh...

Holy is my God
Who's making all things new
Devoted and undone
I worship You

Holy is my God
Who's making all things new
Devoted and undone
I worship You

Holy is my God
Who's making all things new
Devoted and undone
I worship You

This is My God
Holy and pure
Sovereign and sure
Only My God
Bled for my soul
Now I surrender All
 
 
--All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a note :)