It's here. Another year has come and gone. A new one is afoot. There's something refreshing about that. Something invigorating. Something that inspires us to look inward and assess where we are, and where we intend to go.
So, I'll start with looking over my goals for 2013 to see what went right, what went wrong, and what was successful....
In the area of finances we pretty much crashed and burned at the end of the year... We're not starting off on a happy note there, but there's plenty of room for improvement, so onward!
In the area of kids, I'm so glad that I set goals in these different areas specifically, because if I were to generalize my self with the kids I would say I'm in the tank there too, but not so! I just looked over my goals for the kids and I actually accomplished several I had for them this past year- Auston is driving, Shea graduated therapy, and Gregory is more social. I've monitored William for needs and he seems to be doing fine :)
In the area of my marriage, we've continued regular date nights (until the last couple months of the year when our lives spiraled out of control with me having Shingles and the finances went in the tank). We never got a separate get away together outside of the MUD conferences, so that is on the list again. I need to dress up for him more still... I've convinced myself that yoga pants are ok to wear All.The.Time...... probably not so.....
In the area of friends and family, I did a fairly good job with the birthday cards this year, could use some improvement.. And I had a couple of get aways with Jess for races, so not too shabby...
In the area of health and fitness I again am thankful for specific goals. My health has pretty much sucked the last 2 month of the year, but that doesn't paint a clear picture of where I was last year when setting my goals! I did run several races, and even PR'd my 10K time. I completed another Half Marathon and quit the soda! The last 2 months have been brutal, but I'll get back up on that horse and kick butt :)
In the area of Home improvement: FAIL......
In the area of Spirituality, that has not gone great either. I finished out Bible Study last year, but did not return in the Fall because we started at Liberty. I'm having a struggle finding my niche now....
In the area of other personal goals, life did not slow down.... it sped up. Still need to work on that. I have started to read a little more, the last couple of months, but there's some definite room for improvement there too.
So- let's get to it:
- Create and maintain sinking funds for various projects around the house and car
- Fully fund our family trip to Disney World in December through Pampered Chef Commissions
- Menu plan and start a Meatless Monday habit
- Pay down remaining debt
- Reestablish emergency fund (got depleted this year on emergencies)
- No more than 4 total late payments on all bills total in 2014
- Buy a "new" car for me
- Pay off Durango
- Get William’s belly button fixed and circumcision done-seriously!!!
- Start teaching Grego to drive *gasp* *ack!* *I'm not ready!*
- Graduate Auston
- Find the joy in my children, and see less of the work and burden
- Figure out whether to continue homeschooling Shea, or not
- Teach the kids how to pick up after themselves consistently
- Institute regular kids cook nights
- Continue regular date nights, but add some variety, spice
- Carve a weekend away (In addition to MUD conventions)
- Get dressed up for him more
- Less nagging, more fun
- Consistently send out Birthday and Occasion cards
- Pray for my friends and family more specifically
- Do at least 3 RAK's this year to my friends/family
- Be more present in real life instead of relying on social media
- PR my 5K time, (I’d like to get closer to 30 mins)
- Run Every Day in January
- Participate in at least one race that is longer than a 5K
- Watch my eating, cut way back on the junk food
- Do at least 1 14 day no sugar challenge
- Drink more water!
- Encourage at least one person to start running
- Start some strength training
- Stay off the soda....
- Move to a more "clean" diet
- Lose weight. I want to be specific, but I also want to be realistic. So, I'm going to set quarterly goals for weight loss and assess where I am each quarter... 1st quarter- I want to lose 20 pounds. There are 13 weeks between now and the end of March, so I think that's doable :)
- Redo William’s room
- Replace furniture (from thrift store)or recover my couch that needs recovering, but I love it so much....
- Redo Deck (maybe a covered patio?)
- Plant flowers
- Get a cleaning schedule/rotation going again
- Get the rest of the family involved and invested in maintaining the house so it isn't all on my shoulders :)
- Fix garage door
- New Oven
- Tithe Consistently
- Find and keep a regular quiet time to reconnect with God
- Read at least 2 books on spiritual growth
- Restart our home group (going to be more important than ever with getting a new pastor)
- Be more consistent with Prayer list for DOK
- Start a prayer journal
- Sell an average of $2500 each month
- Fully fund our trip to Disney in December through commissions
- Recruit at least 4 team members
- Increase show average. Current show average is around $500. Want it to be over $600
- Make sure I have the time and money for regular massages and pedicures
- Steal away some time for myself
- Read at least 4 books this year
- Craft more
- Keep my car clean
- Take some items off my schedule to get out of the excessive busyness cycle
- Continue with my list of 6 daily to stay on task
- Paint my nails
- Wear Perfume
I think that about covers it :) Here's to a prosperous 2014,
-May you all find your plumb line and stay true to it.
- May you all define your own "lines in the sand" and find some sense of ownership in your lives through them.
- May you all give more grace than deserved to those around you, and may you all find grace when you're not expecting it.
This past year I used Hebrews 12:15 to shape how I tried to deal with the people around me: "See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God". I think we can ALL use an extra dose of grace...
For 2014 I want to focus on Joy....